Did you know that 1 in 100 babies in the U.S. are born with a congenital heart defect? CHD's are the leading cause of infant death, and the #1 birth defect of live infants. The cause of most congenital heart defects are unknown, yet funding for research vastly lags behind childhood cancer and other genetic diseases.

Has your child been diagnosed with l-tga? I would love to talk with you. Please enjoy my blog and email me if you would like to join a network of parents of children with l-tga and other CHD's.




























Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Day

Well, the good news is that I ended up getting the full time position in my office!  All that worrying!!!  I am so excited to have a good job and not worry so much financially.  The downside is obvious....less time at home with the kids. 

I think this last year, with so much going on....living very frugally, busy with four kids, the stress of Nicholas' heart surgery....has really affected me.  I am really going to try to get out of this "rut" I've been in and start trying to be more optomistic.  Is the glass half-empty or half-full?  I guess a lot of things in life are really perspective and I will try to change mine.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommas out there!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Congrats on the job. I started writing you a few days ago about my own 'working in a dental office' saga, but didn't have time to finish it - but now I read this, so I'll just delete that draft!!!
    I know all about those 'ruts', too....there are good weeks and not so good days or weeks. Can be such an emotional rollercoaster.

    Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sometimes just when it seems you can't handle anymore... it gets worse and then God takes over. Happy Mom's Day to you, Brenna, Nicholas is in my prayers each day. Cindy

    ReplyDelete