Did you know that 1 in 100 babies in the U.S. are born with a congenital heart defect? CHD's are the leading cause of infant death, and the #1 birth defect of live infants. The cause of most congenital heart defects are unknown, yet funding for research vastly lags behind childhood cancer and other genetic diseases.

Has your child been diagnosed with l-tga? I would love to talk with you. Please enjoy my blog and email me if you would like to join a network of parents of children with l-tga and other CHD's.




























Monday, November 29, 2010

It's not about turkeys!

We made it through Thanksgiving, and I would like to acknowledge that I have much to be thankful for.  Often it is easy to feel sorry for ones self and feel like everything really stinks.  But I have a husband who loves me and my kids who bring such happiness to my life.  Really, there is not much else that matters and no matter what happens, I will know this to be true. 

Lots of people have something that they probably want to wish away. I know my wish would be for Nicholas to have a perfect heart.  But he doesn't.  So I can be thankful that he is in good hands and I know that we are being the best parents we can be.  I am thankful that we have found doctors who can give him hope for a normal life.  I am thankful for all the people who have been and will be praying for our family.  I am thankful for the support of our families and friends.  Thankful.....Full of thanks.... 

Thank You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment