Did you know that 1 in 100 babies in the U.S. are born with a congenital heart defect? CHD's are the leading cause of infant death, and the #1 birth defect of live infants. The cause of most congenital heart defects are unknown, yet funding for research vastly lags behind childhood cancer and other genetic diseases.

Has your child been diagnosed with l-tga? I would love to talk with you. Please enjoy my blog and email me if you would like to join a network of parents of children with l-tga and other CHD's.




























Friday, July 8, 2011

Driving down to LPCH

We are heading down to pre op....Nicholas is sound asleep.  I am feeling rather emotional.  I dont know if one ever gets used to these things.  I thought that it would be easier this time, but its not.  I am sad that Beau and Sienna are leaving to Nys house, far away.  But I do find a little relief having Beau go with Sienna.  She will be glad for it, too,as will Ny and Rich, Im sure.
This morning Nicholas was not excited to leave.  He begged us to wait untl "next weekend" to go to Stanford.  We have talked openly about this next surgery, but I don't think he really understands.
We are making a stop at the dinosaur museum after our appointments at the hospital.  He will enjoy that, I'm sure.  He insisted on wearing his t-rex slippers; he always makes people smile as he tromps through the halls looking like a ferocious dinosaur.  He is pretty sure all the nurses are quite afraid of him.
I'll keep you posted....

No comments:

Post a Comment