Did you know that 1 in 100 babies in the U.S. are born with a congenital heart defect? CHD's are the leading cause of infant death, and the #1 birth defect of live infants. The cause of most congenital heart defects are unknown, yet funding for research vastly lags behind childhood cancer and other genetic diseases.

Has your child been diagnosed with l-tga? I would love to talk with you. Please enjoy my blog and email me if you would like to join a network of parents of children with l-tga and other CHD's.




























Thursday, December 23, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We are home.  It feels so good to say that.  We slept in our own beds, ate at our own table, and watched our own t.v. The simple things in life are what make us happy.  Sienna rememberd us (I was concerned that she wouldn't recognize us after being gone for 8 days), the big kids had the house all ready for us to come home to, and my mom was baking up a frenzy of Christmas candy in the kitchen.  Ahhh, it feels good to be home.  And all in time to celebrate this special time of the year together.

I would also like to thank everyone following the blog for your concern and prayers during Nicholas' surgery.  We have started this journey and still have a long ways to go.  But knowing that Nicholas was in the prayers of so many people, I never had a doubt that he would do well and heal quickly.  So thank you from the bottom of my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment