Did you know that 1 in 100 babies in the U.S. are born with a congenital heart defect? CHD's are the leading cause of infant death, and the #1 birth defect of live infants. The cause of most congenital heart defects are unknown, yet funding for research vastly lags behind childhood cancer and other genetic diseases.

Has your child been diagnosed with l-tga? I would love to talk with you. Please enjoy my blog and email me if you would like to join a network of parents of children with l-tga and other CHD's.




























Sunday, December 26, 2010

Never A Dull Moment

Tonight we are all enjoying some much needed quiet time just doing not much of ANYTHING.  Lorenzo and Beau are putting together their new remote control model airplane and Nicholas was "helping" and decided to stick a piece of foam up his nose.  I tried getting him to blow it out; didn't work.  I tried to use tweezers; didn't work.  Finally I got some of my dental instruments and was able to pick it out of there!!!  If that didn't work, we might have found ourselves on the way to the E.R.  I really didn't want to step a foot in another hospital so soon!

I realized that I didn't really explain what the doctors decided on the last day at Stanford.  They had done that last echo and it appeared that the gradient was still around 30mmHg.  Dr. Hanley thinks that the number is probably higher, but because of the bandages they could only get it to show up like that.  Also, as we wait for at least a few months, Nicholas will grow and the band will stay where it is, naturally creating more of a restriction for his left ventricle.  We go in tomorrow to our local Pediatric Cardiologist for a post-op follow up.  I will let you know how it goes.

By the way,  I hope you had a very Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment